Island 2 Island Swim
Where to Stay
Outdoor Centre, Clauchlands Road, Lamlash KA27 8LB
01770 600 532
Altachorvie Hotel, Lamlash KA27 8LQ
01770 600 468
Lamlash Bay, Shore Road, Lamlash KA27 8LU
01770 600 844
Douglas Hotel and Bunk House, Shore Road, Brodick KA27 8AW
0177 600 844
www.visitarran.com 01770 303 774 for more information
Ferry Time Table - click here
Having been monitoring the weather closely over the course of the week and taking into account the exposed nature of the swim we have had unfortunately had to make the difficult decision to cancel this years swim.
This was not a decision made lightly but we have to consider and put first the safety of our swimmers. This would have been the 3rd year for this swim and we have taken into consideration the conditions experienced in previous years and after consulting other water safety specialists we feel there is no other option. There are gusts of winds of up to 20mph forecast during the time of the swim, we cannot swim in winds of force 3 and above. The forecast on both Friday and Sunday are for stronger winds which can affect ferry crossings for many which is also a consideration.
The season is still early and we would be delighted if you could join us for another swim instead. If this does not suit we can move your entry to next year.
We sincerely apologies for any upset and inconvenience this may cause and hope you understand our decision.
Have a look at our other events and join us for one of those !